The quality of support you give others is directly related to the quality of support you give yourself. Becoming an Alexander teacher depends on this fundamental truism.
Students train to become teachers of The Alexander Technique(AT) for many reasons. Among them is the desire to:
- participate more fully in the change one wishes to bring about personally and globally.
- work in the burgeoning field of body-mind professions. The AT is recognized by world-class medical and academic institutions around the world from The Mayo Clinic to The Royal Academy of Music in London.
- teach those in the performing arts and help them cultivate their most free and full creative expression without sacrificing their primary instrument, i.e., themselves!
- deepen one’s personal experience and understanding of mind-body balance through in-depth study of the Technique.
- share the means-whereby one’s own life has been dramatically transformed.
- support others in one of the most beautiful and fundamentally helpful ways possible
- invest in a practical and profound form of learning that focuses on one’s personal development
- demonstrate the most efficient way to achieve one’s goals united with the betterment of one’s well-being.
- realize that learning best happens when the focus is on individual personal development.
- extend one’s skills in whatever area one wishes to apply oneself.
- join groundbreaking work in neuroscience and medical research that is investigating the Alexander Technique as basic to human health, performance, and productivity.