In early 2020, on the cusp of the pandemic, the Sapientia Initiative went live as an operating foundation. Since then we’ve:
- Supported the growth of our teacher training course, Riverside Initiative for the Alexander Technique. RIAT has now become one of the largest and most diverse AT certification programs in the world, with faculty from some of the most well-respected collegiate programs in the U.S.
- Built our new space in the Flatiron district, creating one of the most beautiful and supportive centers in NYC dedicated solely to the study of the Alexander Technique.
- In conjunction with the world’s leading scientists researching the life-changing benefits of the Technique, piloted a highly innovative 34-week AT Science webinar.
- Stood in solidarity with New York City’s performing artist community during Covid, extending scholarships to actors, musicians, and others for the free study of the Technique.
- Subsidized discounted Alexander lessons for low-income individuals through RIAT CORP, a first-of-its-kind community outreach program.
And so much more. During these unprecedented times, Sapientia has offered a place of refuge, learning, & connection for NYC’s Alexander community.
Please donate to support our efforts to bring the freedom one discovers through practice of the Technique to even greater numbers of people.
Nan and Team Sapientia
Sapientia Initiative is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and your tax-deductible contribution will go far in supporting our community programs and in our ability to offer financial aid for teacher trainees. Contact us to learn more.